Join Our Team — Children’s Pastor
Posted: 12 March 2017
Job Title: Children’s Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Location: Surry Hills
Special Conditions: 3 days per week (or full-time if combined with Female City Pastor role which is also being advertised)
Vine Church + St Michael’s exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. Over the past five years, we’ve grown from two churches — one a church plant and the other a small Anglican Church — into an exciting and vibrant combined community with over 200 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
We are a church of many generations. Our desire is that no matter how young or old, or whatever situation in life people are, they would find our church a place where they can meet and grow as a disciple of Jesus.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church + St Michael’s is seeking to employ a Children’s Pastor to build a disciple-making movement across the city for kids so that a whole new generation rises to follow Jesus and seek his kingdom.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leading, recruiting and training the Vine Kids team.
Developing faithful and dynamic Christ-centered teaching to kids, by
- Modeling and training leaders in effective communication to kids, and
- Assessing and fine-tuning teaching syllabus, or preparing suitable new material.
- Managing the efficient and effective operations of the Vine Kids Sunday program, including the systems, processes and policies.
- Establishing quality Kids Spots in special church services that create shared experience among different generations in knowing Christ.
- Coordinating Special Religious Education in two local primary schools.
- Establishing an after school kids club to reach local families.
- Ensuring the health and safety of children in our events and programs via Safe Ministry Training and oversight.
- Raising the profile of Vine Kids, helping the church and the city see what God is doing through this ministry.
- Praying specifically for children and their families.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Loves the church as the gathered people of God and leads their family to do the same.
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing people live for the glory of God in all their lives.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Dynamic and clear communicator to children.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, organisation, and systems thinking.
- Willing to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor
- Strong and compelling public speaker with ability to warmly engage large gatherings of people.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church + St Michael’s.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a Purpose Driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
Remuneration is provided as a stipend plus tax-free allowances and will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant.
The position is to be undertaken all day Sunday, Thursday afternoon, and one and a half other days per week. There is the potential for the role to scale up over the coming years. Additionally, the position may be combined with the Female City Pastor role.
This position is open to both male and female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and ministry. This should elaborate on your vision for women and children, and provide any evidence of the fruit born from this vision in the past. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (email@example.com).
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate and could begin immediately.
Applications close 30 April 2017.