Join Our Team — Families Pastor
Posted: 12 September 2017
Job Title: Families Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: Student Ministers, Interns (MTS)
Location: Surry Hills
Special Conditions: Full time or Part time
Vine Church + St Michael’s exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. Over the past five years, we’ve grown from two churches — one a church plant and the other a small Anglican Church — into an exciting and vibrant combined community with over 200 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
We are a church of many generations. Our desire is that no matter how young or old, or whatever situation in life people are in, they would find our church a place where they can meet and grow as a disciple of Jesus.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church + St Michael’s is seeking to employ a Families Pastor to build a disciple-making movement across the city for children, youth and families so that new generations rise up in healthy families to follow Jesus and build his church.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leading, recruiting and training leaders of Vine Kids and Vine Youth.
- Establishing high quality training of student ministers and ministry interns (MTS) seeking to be trained for vocational children’s or youth ministry.
Developing faithful and dynamic Christ-centered teaching to children and youth, by:
- Modeling and training leaders in effective communication to children and youth, and
- Assessing and fine-tuning teaching syllabus, or preparing suitable new material.
Envisioning, planning and establishing teams to start the following new ministries:
- After school kids club.
- Friday night youth group.
- Special Religious Education in local high schools.
- Lunchtime groups in local high schools.
- Working closely with the Mission Pastor to develop evangelistic pathways for children and parents into the life of the church.
- Establishing quality Kids Spots in special church services that create shared experience among different generations in knowing Christ.
- Leading and developing a team of teachers doing Special Religious Education in two local primary schools.
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and youth in all our programs.
Overseeing initiatives designed to:
- prepare couples for marriage,
- enrich married couples in their commitment and intimacy, and
- equip parents to raise kids who follow Jesus.
- Managing the efficient and effective operations of the Vine Kids and Vine Youth programs, including the systems, processes and policies.
- Other responsibilities as required in working in a team environment.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Loves the church as the gathered people of God and leads their family to do the same.
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing people live for the glory of God in all their lives.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, organisation, and systems thinking
- Dynamic and clear communicator to children and youth.
- Willing to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- More than five years experience in full-time children’s and youth ministry.
- Strong and compelling public speaker with ability to warmly engage large gatherings of people.
- Demonstrates the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church + St Michael’s.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a Purpose Driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
Remuneration is provided as a stipend plus tax-free allowances and will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant. This can be discussed with the Lead Pastor at time of application.
The position is offered either as a full time position combining Vine Kids and Vine Youth, or as a part time position in Vine Kids.
This position is open to male and female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and ministry. This should elaborate on your vision for whatever portfolios above that interest you, and provide evidence of the fruit born from this vision. This should be sent to our administrator (email@example.com).
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate.
Applications close 30 September 2017.