Join Our Team — Female City Pastor
Posted: 12 March 2017
Job Title: Female City Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Reports: Female Student Minister and and Interns (MTS)
Location: Surry Hills
Special Conditions: 3 days per week (or full-time if combined with Children’s Pastor role)
Vine Church + St Michael’s exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. Over the past five years, we’ve grown from two churches — one a church plant and the other a small Anglican Church — into an exciting and vibrant combined community with over 200 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church + St Michael’s is seeking to employ a godly and gifted woman for this role to build a disciple-making movement across the city so that women are growing to maturity in Christ.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Expanding the network of Community Groups (in partnership with the Maturity Pastor) by identifying, training, establishing, and supporting new and existing leaders.
- Building a culture of Christians who are biblically and theologically engaged through personal Bible reading, theological reading, Preliminary Theological Certificates and further education.
- Personal discipleship: establishing a culture of One to One discipleship of women.
- Expanding ministry training initiatives at the lay and vocational level (including training female MTS and student ministers).
- Participation in two Sunday gatherings.
- Other responsibilities as required in working in a team environment.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Loves the church as the gathered people of God and leads their family to do the same .
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Deep love for Jesus, and a strong commitment to seeing people live for the glory of God in all their lives.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, organisation, and systems thinking.
- Willing to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- Strong and compelling public speaker with ability to warmly engage large gatherings of people.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church + St Michael’s.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a Purpose Driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
The Female City Pastor will work closely with the Maturity Pastor and will focus on achieving the maturity goals for women in particular.
Remuneration is provided as a stipend plus tax-free allowances and will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant.
This position is open to female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications. There is the potential for the role to scale up over the coming years. Additionally, the position may be combined with the Children’s Pastor role.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and ministry. This should elaborate on your vision for discipleship of women, and provide evidence of the fruit born from this vision. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate.
Applications close 30 April 2017.
5. Working Relationships