Join Our Team — Student Minister Position
Posted: 16 January 2017
Vine Church exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. In the past four and a half years, we’ve grown from a small group of people meeting in an inner city townhouse into an exciting and vibrant community with over 160 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church is seeking a number of male and female student ministers in 2017 to help lead various ministries within the church (including kids ministry, music ministry, ministry amongst the marginalised etc.). The position will require at least the same level of commitment expected from one of our core members, and for the spouse (if applicable), at least the same level of commitment expected from one of our members.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leadership of a Community Group, or
- Leadership of a Ministry Team (e.g. homeless ministry, band, prayer, Sunday gathering, kids, youth, mission, membership, discipleship etc.)
- Participation in Sunday services, weekly staff meeting and quarterly staff conference.
- Deep love for Jesus and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Competence in teaching the Bible simply and clearly.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- A willingness to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- Experience in identifying, training, establishing and supporting leaders and/or leaders of leaders in a range of contexts (private meetings, small groups and public gatherings).
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, and organisation.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation.
- Experience in a purpose driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Remuneration and Application Details
Student ministers will receive a scholarship of $4,000, and will be fully reimbursed for all staff conferences and ministry expenses.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a personal statement about your life and ministry. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (email@example.com).