Resources for “Understanding God’s Story”
Posted: 08 May 2013
As Community Groups seek together to Understand God's Story, Vine Church will be providing some helpful resources for you to go deeper, or catch-up on what you may have missed. There will be helpful books to read, video resources to check out, and weekly summaries of where we are up to in God's Story. So keep refreshing this blog post over the weeks to see more resources added.
- Tim Chester, Creation to New Creation, The Good Book Company (2010)
- Graham Goldsworthy, Accorinding to Plan, IVP (1991)
- Vaughan Roberts, God's Big Picture, IVP (2009)
- William Dumbrell, The Faith of Israel, Baker Academic (2002)
- T. Desmond Alexander, From Eden to the New Jerusalem, Kegrel Academic (2009)
- 9 Marks Journal, Nov-Dec 2006 - Biblical Theology
- Bible Overview by Grahame Goldsworthy - Justin Taylors Blog
Bible Timeline PDF – A one page document showing how the bible fits together as one large chain of events. Diagram includes historical dates, where biblical books find their place, and the name of signficant events in the history of Israel.
Helpful clips from the creator of Veggie Tales, giving us a great animated overview to the Bible's story.