Join Our Team — Student Minister Position
Posted: 07 June 2018
Vine Church exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. In the past seven years, we’ve grown from a small group of people meeting in an inner city townhouse into an exciting and vibrant community with over 200 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church is seeking male and female student ministers who want to be trained in leadership and church ministry in an urban environment. The position will require at least the same level of commitment expected from one of our core members in the church (i.e. leading a ministry), and for the spouse (if applicable), at least the same level of commitment expected from one of our members (i.e. in a Community Group and serving in any ministry).
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leadership of a Ministry Team (e.g. homeless ministry, music team, prayer team, hosting team, Vine Kids, Vine Youth, Christianity Explored, one to one discipleship, leadership training, volunteer recruitment, community group leading, newcomer follow-up, ‘M rep’ role etc.)
- Participation in Sunday services, weekly staff meeting and quarterly staff conference.
- Deep love for Jesus and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Competence in teaching the Bible simply and clearly.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- A willingness to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- Experience in identifying, training, establishing and supporting leaders and/or leaders of leaders in a range of contexts (private meetings, small groups and public gatherings).
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, and organisation.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation.
- Experience in a purpose driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Remuneration and Application Details
Student ministers will receive a scholarship of $4,000, and will be fully reimbursed for all church conferences and ministry expenses.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a personal statement about your life and ministry. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (email@example.com).