Getting Married at St Michaels Church
Congratulations! We are delighted that you are interested in getting married at St Michaels Church. Please note that the church is unavailable during our upcoming building project. Please email us to see if your wedding date is available.
Marriage is a gift from God for the wellbeing of people. It's a symbol of His unending love for his people and the union between Christ and the church. It is our desire to be as helpful as possible so that your wedding day would be a meaningful and happy day, and that your marriage would be long-lasting, filled with joy, delight and determination.
St Michaels church was designed by famous Sydney architect Edmund Blacket and built in 1854. It is a classic gothic sandstone church, surrounded by beautiful grounds in the heart of the inner city of Sydney. It comfortably seats 120 people, but can fit up to 180 if required.
If you’re interested in being married at St Michaels, these are the steps you need to take:
1. Contact us here for our wedding info pack
2. Fill out the enquiry form below to see if your proposed date and time is free. Our administrator will then get in touch with you.
3. We ask you to come along to one of our Sunday services at 9.15am, 11am or 4.30pm. At the end of the service, please introduce yourself to one of our pastors.
4. If the pastor and you agree to move forward, then fill out a booking form and pay the $300 deposit. Once you’ve done this, your wedding is locked in.
5. After this, our administrator will be in touch with you about starting a marriage preparation course and answer any further questions.
- ServicesSunday 9.15am, 11am and 4.30pm
The Whitehouse Institute of Design
2 Short St, Surry Hills
- Community groupsMidweek over dinner at